This website talks about a recent witch hunt of gay students in a Florida school. The local prinicipal did not allow students to support gay movements, or even to wear rainbows. Read what he thinks it will make kids think of!
I didn't realize that things like this could and were still happening today. This is definatly some bad stuff that really should be stopped. I knew that there were racist people in America, but I didn't realize that the law could support this type of discrimination. It was definatly a good example of a witch hunt
Great example of a witch hunt! Sad to say it's true, though. The whole rainbow thing was ridiculous in my opinion. How did the principal come up with that? The discrimination described is awful and it's even worse to think that the law didn't do much to help for quite some time...quite a few similar aspects to that of the Crucible.
I don't think the principal has any right to say what is considered "Gay" or not. I think that this is a type of witch hunt. Just because people are wearing rainbows doesn't mean that they're gay....they just like other things.
That principal is kind of m.r. But I must admit the whole rainbow things was kind of funny. This witch hunt is pretty riduculous even though I don't support gays/lesbians.
THis is a great example of a witch hunt. I cant believe that administration and law would be ok with this. I believe the student should be able to support whatever they want.
I don't think that is right for someone to outlaw rainbows, but not confederate flags? Does the nation need to go through a 'Gay War' to get recognition to wear and promote in school? (P.S. the teacher should be fired!)
I totally agree with shooter64. Just because they like "other" things doesn't mean they are witches. If they want to wear rainbows on the shirts then let them because they must just like rainbows. But i probably have if you wear rainbows then people might think you are gay. But whatever floats your boat. LZ
....*sigh*....okay. So I don't agree with homosexuality at all, but what the principal did was just wrong. It's the students' basic right to wear what they want as long as it doesn't cause distractions in the classroom and if it isn't inappropraite. Rainbows and buttons are NOT distracting. Now if it was unicorns...yeah, I'd think I'd ask the kid to take it off. But it's really sad to what level we've stooped to. everybody is offended by something, but taking it to court is ridiculous! I can't say if this is a witchhunt though...it sounds like only the principal was in the hunt, and to me, you'd need followers.
I totally agree with this being a witch hunt. I also agree that this is ridiculous! I can't believe this principal would discriminate these students for wearing rainbows. I don't really think though that it is as much a matter of wearing the rainbows as it is for being homosexual. This is a great example of "witch hunting."
I believe this is a witch hunt. I have never heard of such a thing before. That principal is really sick minded. Why would anybody think of it that way? Everybody has colors and buttons on their clothes. Kids should be able to wear what they want as long as it’s appropriate for school.
I can not believe that the principal held "mortality assemblies!" And when I think of rainbows, I think of leprechauns and pots of gold, not gays having sex. This is absoulutely ridiculous and is a witch hunt.
I would have never guessed that this could be a witch hunt. I do agree that this is a witch hunt and a good example of it. I think that it is terrible how there are many racist people in America. I think that it is wrong to be gay, but if the people are happy together, let them be together.
I can't believe that this would happen. Being against homosexuals is so wrong because they have the same rights that everyone else does. They aren't different from us just because of their likes and dislikes.
That's utterly dumb that he could ban the wearing of rainbows. I'm in Rainbow(not the lesbian one, the one that teaches you manners), and I think that's really stupid.
This is definately a witch hunt, and a very sad one. There is nothing wrong with gay people, and the stuborn people that think there is need to get a life and leave them alone.
Yes gays have been "hunted" for ages for there differences. There is not much we can do to stop people from calling them out. Maybe in the future they will be accepted.
21 comments:
I didn't realize that things like this could and were still happening today. This is definatly some bad stuff that really should be stopped. I knew that there were racist people in America, but I didn't realize that the law could support this type of discrimination. It was definatly a good example of a witch hunt
Great example of a witch hunt! Sad to say it's true, though. The whole rainbow thing was ridiculous in my opinion. How did the principal come up with that? The discrimination described is awful and it's even worse to think that the law didn't do much to help for quite some time...quite a few similar aspects to that of the Crucible.
I don't think the principal has any right to say what is considered "Gay" or not. I think that this is a type of witch hunt. Just because people are wearing rainbows doesn't mean that they're gay....they just like other things.
That principal is kind of m.r. But I must admit the whole rainbow things was kind of funny. This witch hunt is pretty riduculous even though I don't support gays/lesbians.
THis is a great example of a witch hunt. I cant believe that administration and law would be ok with this. I believe the student should be able to support whatever they want.
Gays have rights, just like women...and men. Would it be alright if a "straight kid" wore a rainbow. Discimination at its finest.
I don't think that is right for someone to outlaw rainbows, but not confederate flags? Does the nation need to go through a 'Gay War' to get recognition to wear and promote in school? (P.S. the teacher should be fired!)
I totally agree with shooter64. Just because they like "other" things doesn't mean they are witches. If they want to wear rainbows on the shirts then let them because they must just like rainbows. But i probably have if you wear rainbows then people might think you are gay. But whatever floats your boat.
LZ
....*sigh*....okay. So I don't agree with homosexuality at all, but what the principal did was just wrong. It's the students' basic right to wear what they want as long as it doesn't cause distractions in the classroom and if it isn't inappropraite. Rainbows and buttons are NOT distracting. Now if it was unicorns...yeah, I'd think I'd ask the kid to take it off. But it's really sad to what level we've stooped to. everybody is offended by something, but taking it to court is ridiculous! I can't say if this is a witchhunt though...it sounds like only the principal was in the hunt, and to me, you'd need followers.
I totally agree with this being a witch hunt. I also agree that this is ridiculous! I can't believe this principal would discriminate these students for wearing rainbows. I don't really think though that it is as much a matter of wearing the rainbows as it is for being homosexual. This is a great example of "witch hunting."
I believe this is a witch hunt. I have never heard of such a thing before. That principal is really sick minded. Why would anybody think of it that way? Everybody has colors and buttons on their clothes. Kids should be able to wear what they want as long as it’s appropriate for school.
I can not believe that the principal held "mortality assemblies!" And when I think of rainbows, I think of leprechauns and pots of gold, not gays having sex. This is absoulutely ridiculous and is a witch hunt.
I would have never guessed that this could be a witch hunt. I do agree that this is a witch hunt and a good example of it. I think that it is terrible how there are many racist people in America. I think that it is wrong to be gay, but if the people are happy together, let them be together.
I can't believe that this would happen. Being against homosexuals is so wrong because they have the same rights that everyone else does. They aren't different from us just because of their likes and dislikes.
That's utterly dumb that he could ban the wearing of rainbows. I'm in Rainbow(not the lesbian one, the one that teaches you manners), and I think that's really stupid.
Rainbows, buttons honestly. This is a great example of a witch hunt. Good job witch hunt hunting.
This is definately a witch hunt, and a very sad one. There is nothing wrong with gay people, and the stuborn people that think there is need to get a life and leave them alone.
Gee thanks Jenny ;)
Yes gays have been "hunted" for ages for there differences. There is not much we can do to stop people from calling them out. Maybe in the future they will be accepted.
I think its insane how we can all see it is a witch hunt, but the people involved can't. It just shows how deep the hysteria goes.
Post a Comment